Nov 14, 2012

Baby Girl

I had a dream.
It was about a baby.
A baby girl,
That was mine.
I gave birth to her.
And held her for the first time.
I made sure she was safe.
I took her to my place.
I kept her in my arms.
My baby girl
Who was al mine.
I looked at her small face.
All white and pink.
Her hand so small
That that hold my finger;
And I know that she and I will always be there for each other.
Her smile makes my day.
She is the joy to my life.
I love her with all I'm worth...
I wake up.
And I free an emptiness in my chest.
One that was never there before.
Something feels terribly wrong.
Like I've lost something
And I don't know what.
My baby girl..,
I promised her I'd always be there.
Where is she?
I'm going crazy with her not here.
Where is she?
My baby girl...
The emptiness is still there
Even though its been a few days.
It was just a dream...
But it felt so real.
She was real.
I know she was.
We were connected
And I felt it.
I close my eyes
Every now and then to picture her...
I see this little baby
In white clothes
Smiling and moving her hands.
I know I named her
As much as I loved her.
My baby girl.
I can't wait to see you again
Baby girl...
Mama will always be here to keep you safe and love you forever.
Baby girl.    

By: Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment