Nov 15, 2012

Will you catch my teardrops?

I smile,
As you take my hand
And pull me close
You bring your lips to my ear
And whisper
“I Love You”
The 3 words binding us together
An everlasting connection
Your promise to me
That you’d be there for me
Forever
And if I ever got lost
You would guide me back to you
Out of my misery and sorrow
Your kiss, made the butterflies
In my tummy fly
And your eyes made
Jewels worthless to me
You made my breath go away
As you leaned in
And rested your head on my chest,
Listening to the beat of my heart
And I believed
That you would be there for me, forever
For our love is stronger
Than two worlds put together
I believed that the word
“We” would be forever
Just as a single rose
Survives in the winter
But I was wrong
And it didn’t take long
To wake up one morning
And know, that it would always be just “I”
To feel a big hole
Carving in my heart,
To feel as if a bandage
Was being peeled off a fresh wound
To feel the world spin around
And drop to my feet
And to know, that I wanted nothing from it
Except that what it took from me
I get up and run to the ocean
Watching the waves ripple by and by
I go in until the water reaches up to my waist
I look down and close my eyes
Remembering our last night
Before you left
You had grabbed my hand
Your lips were so blue
But your eyes were filled with pure love
You had kissed me
And told me once again
That you will always love me
But this time
You left me empty
You left me
To survive through this world myself
I open my eyes and gaze into the water
The wind blows, whipping my hair behind
But my heart is open for you
As each tear rolls down my cheek
It hits the water
one by one
Like tiny crystals falling from the sky
And even though you are no longer here
I believe you are out there
Catching each of my teardrops

No comments:

Post a Comment