Nov 17, 2012

Mask of Feelings

A mix of feelings
Feelings I cannot describe
Am I sad or mad,
I don't know...
I'm not even sure if
These tears are mine

You ask what I feel
If I have any feelings inside
I shake my head
And say nothing
Cause there is nothing
more to tell

When I say I'm sorry
You say that you don't believe
I just shrug my shoulders
Should I be happy or relieved?

My heart is breaking
But you don't even know
So I keep my expression safe
Hoping that it'll never show

Since I was little
It is something I've done
Not said
When I said I was glad
You never really knew
That I was actually really sad

There's no point in lying
Nor any in trying
So when you ask
If I feel any remorse
I just smirk
And reply no

It's better to keep
My expectations low
Never letting them grow
And if you can't see through me
I'm not sorry
You should have the decency
To try and solve me
And save me from this
Crazy misery

I mask all my feelings
And shut them inside
They're the secrets of my heart
Forever to live
And never to die

So when you ask me again
If I have any feelings inside,
I keep my face emotionless
Making you think I'm soulless

But I'm really not
It's just easier to fake innocence
And pretend I don't care
I let the expression go inside
And turn the key in the lock
For the secrets are only mine

No comments:

Post a Comment